Making sense of the current 27″ 1440p ~144hz IPS segment

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 301 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    Habari

Coming back with an update: the monitor now has 1 stuck pixel I think, it’s always green and visible on dark backgrounds but not always. The LC-Power rep told me I could RMA it since I also complained about the gray uniformity, but he said they can’t guarantee any improvement in that area. Basically need some advice, should I try my luck with the panel lottery? What do you usually recommend in this case?

Some newer pics of the screen:

https://imgur.com/a/pCtZ9kE

PCM2

It’s right to call it a lottery as there are no guarantees. My advice here is to decide whether the stuck pixel is annoying during normal use – if it’s not in the central region of the screen, hopefully you can ignore it. If you feel your eyes are constantly drawn to it then it’s probably worth going for a replacement. The LC-Power rep was correct to say they can’t make guarantees with uniformity and another unit you get could potentially be worse in that respect.

Bruizer

Welp, despite my best efforts, my lovely Acer XV272U KV took a few bumps in our recent move and what once was as close to a perfect panel I’d ever had, now has noticeable clouding (which moves if i wipe the screen with a microfiber cloth), bleed, and even a faulty pixel. Sigh. Livable as long as the room isn’t black. The worst part, it would appear Acer has discontinued this model as well as the similar XB273U NV model. I love these Agile-Splendor IPS panels. They seem to be the best balance of pixel response and contrast vs the LG nano panels.

@ PCM2, do you have any insight into other Acer models that share the same panel? The only thing I can find on their own website is the RV (https://pcmonitors.info/acer/acer-xv272u-rv-170hz-wqhd-eyesafe-ips-model/ | https://www.acer.com/us-en/monitors/gaming/nitro-xv2/pdp/UM.HX2AA.V06) which appears to just be slightly cut down (no extra usb slots or front sensor). Though I can’t seem to find it for sale in the US. Thoughts?

PCM2

Ah, that’s no good! πŸ™

Indeed the XV272U RV hasn’t launched yet, but the listing with a US price of $299.99 on Acer’s website suggests it should actually be coming ‘soon’. The Acer XV272U V was ‘re-launched’ in early 2022 in various regions (including the US) and it seems they interchangeably use an AUO panel and an Innolux panel (like you’re used to and seem to get on with). It may be worth giving it a try and seeing how you find it, I don’t know exactly when the ‘RV‘ variant will hit the shelves in the US.

Bruizer

Thank you so much for the quick response! It also seems the new RV variant is being advertised as having some kind of increased anti-glare (found a few random youtube vids indicating such). Which worries me as that probably only means a more matte/grainy screen. But I may give the relaunched V a try. Going to be patient to see if I can live with my now “imperfect” KV first. But I’m one of those people that once I notice something, especially a flaw, I can’t help but always fixate on it. One could say it’s a “flaw” of mine. πŸ˜›

PCM2

I can relate to that flaw! And yes indeed, the RV variant uses an AUO Advanced Reflectionless Technology (A.R.T.) panel which focuses on strong glare-handling. That will naturally mean the screen surface has a stronger matte finish than the other variants.

Shingyboy

Hi guys so I am interested in the following monitors and in the UK they are both exactly the same price. So I am wondering what is the difference between these two? As far as I can tell the only difference is one is Freesync Premium and the other is G-sync compatible and the Nitro can go up to 170hz.

I am not sure if they both use the same panel or not which is what I really want to know as I think that should determine how good the screen looks right?

https://store.acer.com/en-gb/predator-xb3-gaming-monitor-xb273unv-black-um-hx3ee-v06 (XB273U NV news piece)

https://store.acer.com/en-gb/acer-nitro-xv2-gaming-monitor-nitro-xv272ukv-black-um-hx2ee-v09 (XV272U KF news piece)

So yeah does anyone know if they use the same panel and what the other differences are? Which one would be best to go for considering they are the same price? Doing some research I believe but not 100% sure that the XV272UKV has the Innolux M270KCJ-K7E but again it feels quite difficult to get information on these 2 monitors.

Also does anyone know if the M27Q still have issues with the BGR pixel layout? I have found a website that has the product name M27Q V2 but I am still not 100% sure as I can’t seem to find a review on a M27Q V2.

PCM2

Hi Shingyboy,

I’ve added links to our news pieces of the Acer products for reference – they’re based on the same Innolux panel. It’s just branding/marketing and design that differs really. You can expect similar core performance and that core performance is discussed earlier in this thread. πŸ™‚

The M27Q V2 is quite different to the original M27Q we reviewed. It does have a standard RGB subpixel layout, but based on specifications and feedback I’ve received it offers quite different performance in some respects. It has much less Adobe RGB coverage (less vibrant greens, cyans and some blues) but slightly more DCI-P3 coverage (better ‘pure reds’, less of an orange push to reds). It has a slightly less ‘light’ and somewhat grainier screen surface and it may have weaker contrast. I’ve only received confirmation of this based on somebody who measured with a Spyder colorimeter and they aren’t known for great contrast readings – they measured ~900:1 anyway. It may still be a decent choice, but I’d still personally recommend the original M27Q as reviewed as it’s the more unique product and offers a solid all-round performance. I think the Acer models you’re considering are good alternatives, as are the MSI models discussed in this thread.

Shingyboy

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply, unfortunately in the UK the original M27Q I just can’t find anymore. In regards to the MSI models you mentioned which ones should I take a look at?

PCM2

The MAG274QRF-QD remains a unique option if you like highly vibrant colour output, but it’s pretty pricey in the UK. The G273QF/QPF is the other option to consider, but availability seems patchy in the UK to say the least.

Shingyboy

Yeah that is what I have found, a lot of my options seem to be much more expensive than in other regions and availability in general seems to be quite bad. I will have to continue thinking about my options, I really appreciate you taking the time to give some insight into this matter, thank you.

nawzlew

Apparently this also uses an AUO 8.2 – Acer VG271U Mbmiipx. Got to love Acer’s naming schemes.

A review from China on it.

PCM2

Thanks for the information, nawzlew. Indeed Acer’s naming scheme is… Great.

nawzlew

Might have been a bit premature. A friend of mine ordered one and from the service screen it’s the K7E from Innolux.

PCM2

It’s funny how many times that review mentioned the ‘AUO 8.2’ panel (11), if they didn’t verify that with a teardown or the service menu. So maybe they use that and the Innolux K7E interchangeably, just like they do with the XV272U V.

boomkeg

M27Q (rev 2.0) seems to use an Innolux panel “M270KCJ-Q7B” (Wasn’t certain if it was safe to link source, so picture of the service menu appears for me on image search typing panel model and monitor model)

Don’t know if it’s an improvement over the Sharp panel from the original M27Q except for subpixel layout, couldn’t find other models using that Innolux panel to compare.

PCM2

Thanks for sharing. I’m not sure about models using that exact panel, but it looks to be a 2017-18 panel that may have been discontinued. It was superseded by ‘K7B’ and ‘K7E’ variants of the panel used in various Acer models for example.

PCM2

Just to confirm that I’ve received confirmation from a user with the G2724D and a colorimeter that they recorded an 86% DCI-P3 colour gamut (similar to the S2722QC we’ve reviewed) and 1228:1 ‘out of the box’ contrast. They were looking for a more vibrant experience but are happy with the monitor otherwise and picked it up because it was on offer in their market – they’re undecided whether to keep it. I’ve invited them to share any further impressions here if they wish.

jbennett360

Thanks for that.

Can they check how accurate the sRGB mode is? Coverage/delta and white point?

PCM2

Bad news. They didn’t manage to test that and have already packaged the monitor up ready for collection, deciding it’s not for them. πŸ™

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 301 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.