Dell G2724D thoughts and feedback

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    todorson

You know that you can increase max brightness and sub brightness in the service menu?
      By default, max brightness is set to parameter 201 (it can go up to 255), some users after increasing max brightness to 255 were able to see difference in contrast, etc…
      I am not sure, I can see some differences, but also it could be placebo effect.
      To enter service menu:
      – turn off monitor, keep pressed button 1 and 3 (in order, under menu stick first button is 1), turn it on, release both buttons when screen is on and then press button 4.
      You will see a small blue screen on the top left side of your monitor, you use menu dialer to go through options.
      Keep us posted if you see any changes, anyone.
      Cheers.

PCM2

Interesting, thanks for sharing that.

jxeedon

Hello. Does anyone know what the best sharpness setting for this monitor is? I know that no added sharpness can be 50 on some monitors.

Frosty

Just a little update on the dell g2724d.

The rtings review and most of reddit reviews that had good reviews for the monitor (and were kind enough to respond to my question) are from the rev A00 model.

I tried 5 different Dell g2724d A01 rev panels, the backlight bleed was way too much. I had confirmed 2 DOA with the service centar, and eyeballed the rest (found a dead pixel on one of them).

So be advised, seems like they either had a factory defect with the A01 or they changed panels.

PCM2

Thanks for confirming, it’s a shame the monitor seems to have been revised into a worse state. 🙁

todorson

This silicon, panel lottery, etc.. are becoming so annoying lately, it seems no matter the money, you also need some luck. Sigh.

MarzoK

Do you (or anyone else) know, which panel is used in the newer revision?

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.