Looking for a budget 165+ Hz flat VA 27″ 1440p panel

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    PCM2

Yes, it’s contained on the EDID.

radosuaf

I saw an interesting discussion here: https://forum.pcmonitors.info/topic/hdr-sdr-switching-issues-and-icc-profiles/

This monitor is HDR400 certified, so I know it’s not real HDR (no local dimming, low peak brightness etc.), but if have the colorimeter anyway, it would be nice to calibrate for HDR as well. As I understand, the i1Display Pro + i1Profiler combo are not able to calibrate HDR properly at all?

PCM2

Calibrating HDR “properly” would require hardware calibration support on the monitor itself, though some useful adjustments could be made even without that and the right software. The i1Profiler software can’t do that.

radosuaf

Looks decent? 🙂

calibration results

results continued

PCM2

Yup, looks like a solid profiling!

radosuaf

Last question, really, I’m sending the colorimeter back today :). Are these “decent” measurements or not really?

Test results

Sorry, I switched to Polish in the meantime but I think the results are quite understandable. Is there a way to somehow improve it (by physical intervention in the monitor, like bending it or something) or is it better to leave it as is?

PCM2

There’s absolutely no point in obsessing about uniformity readings, they aren’t going to be something you can change significantly by calibrating the central region of the display. And I wouldn’t recommend trying to physically pressure the display to change them as you might just end up making things worse. Plus, with the VA colour consistency inconsistencies measured readings are only part of the equation.

radosuaf

Alright, I’ll be just having fun with what I have. Lower right corner increased brightness is a bit visible, but only on a dark background. With edge lit panels I guess there’s not much you can do anyway.

PCM2

Our review [video] of the Q27G3XMN has now been published. Which I consider to be a very good budget 27″ 165Hz+ flat VA model, especially if you’re interested in HDR.

radosuaf

I would consider this one, IF I hadn’t bought a new monitor half a year ago… 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.