Want a 144Hz+ 27″ 4K OLED

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    buggs1a

I had a Sony Inzone M9 27” 4k. It was on my MC Mini M2 Pro and Windows desktop. I liked it mostly. I got the Acer 27” 4k Mini LED. Returned the Sony. The Acer is $350 less. Can’t tell much difference over the Sony. I got it for Mini LED. But the Mini LED don’t help much. I can’t really tell.

I tried the Alienware 34” QDOLED. DWF. Returned it the next day. Too big. I also didn’t notice much difference over the Sony and Acer. Blacks of course. Text much worse.

I just got the LG OLED 27” 1440. It’s nice too. I don’t notice any text issues except of course it’s not 4k. Brightness could be better but it’s ok.

I’m not sure what to do. I want a 4k 27” OLED. 144hz plus. 27” is the right size for my space. 32” maybe ok but probably a bit big.

The Acer has an absolute horrific UI. It’s too small you can’t even see it. Or read it. It’s useless.

The Sony has a good UI. KVM switch I can use but complicated as you need 6 cables. Mouse keyboard and video and for some reason usb a and b from both computers.

I play Star Citizen on my windows. And AOE 3 and ED maybe. On Mac no games.

PCM2

Hi buggs1a,

I’ve renamed your thread as this is really what it comes down to. You’ve tried a range of monitors of different sizes and monitor technologies and have decided a 144Hz+ 27″ OLED would be ideal. Unfortunately that’s not an option currently and there are none in the roadmap for this year. When you say 32″ is “maybe ok but probably a bit big”, is that a physical space constraint or to do with the distance you’re able to sit from the screen? You could measure your space and work out if a ~32″ model would actually be too large. Remember that OLEDs also tend to have relatively slim bezels at the top and sides. If you can accommodate one then it’s probably the correct avenue to try as there will be 240Hz ~32″ ‘4K’ UHD QD-OLED screens released very shortly, such as the LG UltraGear 32GS95UE, Dell Alienware AW3225QF and Samsung Odyssey OLED G80SD.

buggs1a

I sit one foot from the screen. My desk isn’t that deep and is right on a wall mostly. So the larger the screen I have to move my head to see the sides like with the Alienware I tried.
          My eyes might even be barely a foot away. That’s just super close. Can’t do anything about that.

How do you think the Sony compared to the Acer? I have read rtings and yes I owned all I’ve mentioned. But I can’t remember the Sony and compare mentally.

I know the Acer is $350 less. But money isn’t the issue. I go for the best I can above all else.

Im trying to remember the Sony. I kinda think maybe it was better for text/desktop then the Acer and if it was only barely. But I can’t remember.

The Acer Mini LED doesn’t seem better then the Sony. In memory of course. Which I don’t think is reliable. I liked the Sony but would love better blacks as I play Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous maybe. So that’s where OLED came in.

I have very little patience. I don’t want to wait for unknown products. No idea cost nor eta. If they were out now I’d consider a 32” 4k OLED for sure. But 27” is the right size.

I guess I need help between the LG OLED 27” I have now. The Acer 27” Mini LED and Sony Inzone m9 27”. I am so picky and have a lot of anxiety and ocd about this it’s unbelievable:(.

And no problem on the subject change. Im not good with words sometimes. Sorry.

And sincerely I appreciate you so much.

Edit:

When I turned on the LG OLED first time and open windows settings etc there’s a ton of vertical lines from left to right all over. I took a picture of this on my phone and want to share it but don’t know how. It’s not like this on any other monitor. The lines are easy to see and are left to right the whole screen. They go from top to bottom all the way. They’re thin and there’s many of them. This was bought new.
          Can I attach it here?

PCM2

Yes, 1 ft is very close to be sitting to a monitor and I can certainly see how 32″ 16:9 or 34″ ultrawide models would be completely impractical from that distance.

I’m going to assume, based on what you’ve said about your experiences and price, that the Acer Mini LED model you’re referring to is the XV275U P3. That’s a VA model with 576 dimming zones – though I have no experience with the exact model, based on panel characteristics it’s possible it has some subpixel related issues that affect text clarity and also a stronger matte screen surface than the Sony INZONE M9. The Sony’s an IPS model that very roughly speaking can be thought of like the Gigabyte M27U we’ve recently reviewed but with 96 dimming zones instead of just 8. So responsiveness, colour reproduction and potentially text clarity is superior but contrast is inferior (though how noticeable the latter is depends on room lighting, the content and Acer’s local dimming algorithm).

As to your edit, it’s made clear in the forum rules that this isn’t a free technical support service. But I can confirm that’s not normal at all and if it doesn’t clear up when you power cycle the monitor (keep it connected to the system – disconnect power from monitor – wait a few minutes – plug power back in) then it’s faulty. So you should RMA it or contact LG. Or if you’re really not comfortable with the resolution (which is entirely understandable – especially from your viewing position) just return it and keep or re-buy the Sony perhaps. As this seems the one you’re most satisfied with overall.

buggs1a

I never asked for support. I only mentioned the lines.

No that’s not the Acer I have. The one I have is XV275k. 27”. It’s OSD is basically so tiny you can’t even read it. It is IPS. So it’s going back today. The LG I’m going to try it for another day.

PCM2

If the intention was to post the image “just for information” that’s fine. It’s just that usually people would do that because they’re asking if it is normal and expecting some sort of response to the image, which then crosses the line of “technical support”. Anyway – you can’t upload to this site as a user, you’d need to host it elsewhere or email the image over. 🙂

And yes, you were clear the Acer was a 27″ ‘4K’ model, so apologies that I linked to a model that’s clearly wrong. I didn’t even read my own article and got the model number confused. A long day of video editing has fried my brain. So the XV275K P3? In theory that should be “like the Sony but better” based on it using a panel with similar characteristics aside from having a more powerful backlight with far more dimming zones and a superior colour gamut. The content, lighting in the room and simply subjective nature of things could mean the difference isn’t all that clear or not as clear as you were expecting, however. It’s a shame that the OSD is impractically small. You can also use Acer DisplayWidget for some basic controls, but can’t fully control the OSD that way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.