EX2510S vs AOC 24G2SPU VS C24G2U

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    alex22

Hello guys, yesterday my old Dell s2419h died, and now i have to find a new monitor.
      I want to upgrade to 144hz with IPS, monitor is for gaming and work.

I have thought about these options:
      Benq mobiuz ex2510s
      aoc C24G2U
      aoc 24G2SPU

I have seen the AOC curved monitor that is very similar to the flat one but it is cheaper. Is a curved monitor really worth it?

Thanks.

PCM2

Hi alex22 and welcome,

My recommendation for the AOC 24G2SP /24G2SPU as a budget gaming offering is clear. The EX2510S has an issue where the gamut is too narrow (clear sRGB undercoverage) in the red region, causing reds to appear orange for example. Even pushing that aside, the AOC has an extended gamut which increases vibrancy and saturation – which some users like. If not, sRGB emulation is an option and even with that applied to cut down the gamut, you’ll not have the sRGB undercoverage issue that the EX2510S has. Furthermore, the AOC offers superior contrast and has a slightly smoother (less grainy) screen surface. The BenQ offers excellent responsiveness – but the AOC is at a level where it will be ‘good enough’ for most users in that respect anyway. If you value responsiveness particularly highly or are very sensitive, I’d consider the Acer Predator XB253Q GP as an alternative (also noted in the recommendations section).

The AOC C24G2U is not just a curved version of the 24G2SP(U), it uses a VA panel with significant pixel response time weaknesses and inferior colour performance.

alex22

Thanks for your answer, I was unaware that the curved model used a VA panel. Then I will go for the AOC 24G2SPU, I have heard very good opinions about it.
          All the best!

alex22

Btw whats the difference between 24G2SPU AND 24G2SP? Also i have the option on amazon 24G2SPAE.

PCM2

The differences are covered in the 24G2SP(U) review. But to summarise:

– The 24G2SPU includes a fully adjustable stand, black stand base, 4 USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports (plus upstream) and integrated speakers.
              – The 24G2SPAE includes a tilt-only stand, black stand base and integrated speakers.
              – The 24G2SP (non-EU variant primarily) includes a fully adjustable stand, silver stand base and lacks USB ports or integrated speakers.

alex22

Alright i understand now, thank you again 🙂 Im going for 24G2SPU

alex22

Hello again guys, sorry for being so annoying haha… I was on my way to buy the monitor that you recommended me (AOC) but I have seen a couple of offers on the page about these two monitors:

BENQ EX240 (I think it’s new) I haven’t seen anything about it, does it have the same problem with colors as EX2510S?
                  -Acer Nitro KG2 KG272 S FOR €180.

I’m really thinking about a 27″ monitor, does it have to be 1440p?

I understand that a 24″ is better for gaming, although it would be for work and gaming.

Thank again for your time!

PCM2

The BenQ EX240 is covered in a few threads here, such as this one (the site has a very recently revamped search functionality in the footer which will point you to other threads where it’s discussed). It doesn’t have the colour gamut issue that the EX2510S has and it’s a decent monitor in its category. This post compares the EX240 to the AOC 24G2SP(U). I have no experience with or user feedback to share on the Acer.

But I wouldn’t generally recommend 27″ 1920 x 1080 (Full HD or 1080p) monitors over their ~24″ counterparts unless you know you’ll be sitting further back from the monitor, so you know the ~24″ models would feel too ‘small’. Or you simply want to increase immersion. It does nothing to enhance productivity if it doesn’t come with an increase in resolution and the reduced pixel density is detrimental to clarity and crispness. Recommended reading.

alex22

Hello, thank you, you have been very kind

I think I will choose the Benq EX240 simply for aesthetic reasons, I see that the two are very similar.

I imagine I’ll need a displayport cable to connect it to get the most out of it. I currently use an MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS videocard.

I have seen that there are 2 types of cables: 1.4 and 2.0. The ports of my card are 1.4, is there a problem using 2.0? or should i choose 1.4 for compatibility?

Thanks again for all the help, have a nice weekend!

PCM2

No problem. 🙂 Your thoughts would be welcome here when you’ve had a bit of a go with the EX240.

DisplayPort is all fully backwards compatible, so there’s no issue with using a cable advertised as ‘DP 2.0’ with a monitor or GPU that only has an earlier version of DP such as 1.4 or 1.2a.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.