BenQ MOBIUZ EX2510S alternatives (reds are weak)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    Entyum

Hi guys my asus recently died after 8 years and i need a new monitor for these three:

– Xbox Series S
      – Primary or secondary monitor for PC (The other one is MSI Optix G241. i play on pc but not two much. I have i5 7500 and 280x)
      – Fire TV Stick 4K

Which of these two is better for that options? And if u know better options in that range of prices

BenQ MOBIUZ EX2510S 179 eur
      Acer Nitro XV270UPB 219 eur

Thank you so much!

PCM2

Hi Entyum,

My own recommendations are made clear and that doesn’t include either of those models. Either the Acer XB253Q GP if you particularly value strong responsiveness, or the AOC 24G2SP(U) if you prefer a mixture of good responsiveness, strong contrast for the panel type and vibrant colour output. The BenQ EX2510S is rather hit and miss when it comes to factory calibration and has a specific issue with undercoverage of the gamut in the red region, significantly undersaturating reds. The BenQ EX2710S would be worth considering if you like the styling, feature set and sound of the product from the review (which is actually of the original ‘non-S’ variant). As I understand it the gamut doesn’t have the same significant red undercoverage issue as the 24.5″ model.

Entyum

Hi! Thank you so much. I know nothing about monitors so i appreciate all this info.

I think i like more the predator (initially i like benq)

I have now a msi optix g241, how are these options compared with msi? Thank you!

PCM2

The MSI G241 is based on the same panel as the AOC 24G2(U) so it performs pretty similarly to that in many ways. The Acer Predator in comparison has slightly weaker contrast and less vibrant colours – it still gives a rich look and shows colours more accurately for most content, which I’d describe as ‘rich and natural’. The Acer offers faster pixel responses which you’ll hopefully notice and appreciate as well.

Entyum

Hi! I finally take predator and this morning arrives

I like so much the monitor, have so many options but i have a problem

In the MSI i have an option for better image (image enhancement) and i cant find that on predator

I try too search some options for sharpness (i think is the same) but i only found an option very basic (just on or off and its better but not enough)

When i do a versus on the monitor with the same video i see more sharpness and details in msi, is that normal? or i can do anything? Im not talking about better colours or contrast

Thank you so much!

PCM2

I’m glad you’re liking the XB253Q GP, overall. It sounds like you’ve become used to an artificially oversharpened image on the MSI with what is essentially a sharpness filter ramped up. That isn’t a natural or ‘intended’ look and it doesn’t add extra detail – just a perceived effect of extra sharpness. The ‘Super Sharpness’ setting of the Acer (on or off) is the only option you have available that would have that sort of effect. I’d suggest trying to get used to the more neutral (and as intended) look of the image on the Acer without any sort of artificial sharpness ‘enhancement’. 🙂

Azog

the BenQ MOBIUZ EX2510S I tried it but it seemed bad.
                  I made the return on Amazon
                  True, red turns pink and often the colors had shades of gray.
                  As if the monitor didn’t understand the type of output.
                  True the sound is amazing is perhaps the only positive note of this monitor.
                  The image is permanently blurry.Blurry
                  It was precisely the poor sharpness of the monitor that convinced me to return it.
                  Not recommended.

PCM2

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the EX2510S and confirming that it certainly seems one to avoid, Azog. You’ve posted a screenshot there so it bypasses the monitor and doesn’t reflect how the monitor would look. But I assume you meant you watched that particular video and noticed it looking less crisp than you’d expect or what you’d seen on other monitors?

Azog

I used the Win10 screen capture app so as to “photograph” the actual performance of the monitor.
                      Do you think it is useless or does it make sense?

PCM2

As with any “screen capture” (or screenshot) you’d take, that just takes a snapshot of the visual output from the GPU. It is not influenced by the monitor, which comes later on in the chain and must be photographed or videoed to have any real influence on what is shown. The capture would look the same if you took it with a completely different monitor of the same resolution connected to the system. 🙂

Azog

Yes I suspected it, but I thought this method was different from the simple screenshot (with stamp)
                          In any case, the Benq is less defined than my old Eizo S2231W
                          which is a 1680×1050
                          I’m undecided whether to open a specific thread.
                          Because I’m on the hunt for a 27 “Full hd VA
                          I hate cheap IPS -.- they fry my eyes and dominate cyan, magenta, yellow plus blacks are bad.
                          I need blacks without them I feel lost 😉

I was very impressed with the BenQ EW277HDR you recommended.
                          But aside from the fact that it is starting to get old, the point is that you can’t find it anymore.
                          Or rather I found one on Amazon but at an out of scale price.
                          Panels VA 27″ FHD at a good price there are few.
                          I found these two AOCs but there don’t seem to be any serious reviews.
                          https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/monitor/27g2sae-bk/specification
                          it seems to have a respectable color space for a low-cost monitor.
                          And this
                          https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/monitors/27g2su-bk
                          They are very similar but the first convinces me more.

VA master race ! 😀

PCM2

Indeed the flat 27″ Full HD VA market receives very little love these days. I think it probably would be worth giving the 27G2SAE a go, given your preferences. Their ‘G’ series monitors are generally pretty solid really, they tend to put whatever panel they use to good use with decent calibration and pixel response tuning. And there are only quite a limited number of (largely similar) 27″ Full HD VA panels being used. 🙂

Azog

You know I think, that the parameters of the 27G2SAE are exaggerated
                              I don’t trust it, it’s too good for a monitor worth just over 200-$/€
                              It has a very good color space combined with the classic VA contrasts it would be a bomb.
                              Hope you give us a review.
                              In any case thanks for your help

PS.
                              may the blacks be with you 🙂

PCM2

No problem! And yes – that’s well spotted. They are quoting relative coverage for Adobe RGB (and likely DCI-P3) which ignores undercoverage of the gamut and will give a higher number if the monitor extends beyond that colour space even in just one region. It doesn’t make sense for a monitor to have 122% sRGB coverage (as quoted) but also 98% absolute coverage of Adobe RGB with only 2% undercoverage. Adobe RGB is in the range of 135%+ sRGB, for reference, so those two values are just too far apart for ‘almost complete’ Adobe RGB coverage. 🙂

EsaT

For start AOC is alternating between CIE 1931 and CIE 1976.
                                  With 27G2SU making even wilder 100% AdobeRGB claim…
                                  https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/monitor/27g2su-bk/specification

Cheap panels/monitors have never had much above sRGB gamut and further there are few actually wider gamut panels outside IPS.

And those are on higher end VA panels… What 27″ 1920×1080 isn’t.
                                  So might as well believe to flying spaghetti monster.

Azog

EsaT I agree with you.
                                    But maybe this time AOC amazes us.
                                    Like a miracle 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.