Wide gamut 144Hz 1440p models

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    Raspibit

I think I was mistaken. The Acer model that Rtings reviewed is equipped with the newer panel, which is faster than the one on the M27Q, but Amazon Spain is still selling the older Acer model from 2018 (shame) and this IS slower than the M27Q.

PCM2

The XV270U P uses the Innolux ‘K7B’ variant panel, same as the BenQ and ViewSonic models you’ve listed. The ‘K7E’ panel covered in my earlier post is featured in the KV272U KV and apparently newer XV272U P units. There is indeed a difference in speed, but as mentioned earlier you’re unlikely to need or appreciate this increase in speed. Based on what you were using before and based with how satisfied most users are even with the slower ‘K7B’ panels. Furthermore, there are some other potential issues to be aware of with text clarity and limited brightness on the ‘K7E’ model. Not entirely sure they’re all down to the panel and only the panel, but they do apply to the Acer KV model mentioned.

Raspibit

Thank you again.

Tom

How is gsync on the Gigabyte M27Q? I know the review said that it ran well, but I know some non certified gsync monitors can have a lot of flicker with gsync enabled, for example my AOC 24G2U flickers really bad when gsync is enabled. Have you or anyone else noticed any flickering on the m27q with gsync enabled ?

PCM2

We’re very thorough in our testing and I would’ve mentioned any such issues if they cropped up – they didn’t. Nor have I had anybody report such issues with the M27Q. Instances of flickering are generally confined to VA models due to their voltage sensitivity, with voltage fluctuating significantly with swings in refresh rate. With newer GPU generations (RTX 20 and RTX 30) there are very rarely any issues using ‘G-SYNC Compatible Mode’ on IPS models.

The 24G2(U) may be an exception there (what GPU were you using?) Some units might have issues with ‘G-SYNC Compatible Mode’ or don’t get on with certain GPUs or system configurations. And even outside of that, some units of the AOC seem to have high sensitivity to electrical interference with some people finding using a certain DisplayPort on their GPU too close to the motherboard can cause issues. Any issues with electrical interreference or flickering didn’t affect our review sample or our setup, incidentally.

Edit: Confirmed by Tom as RTX 2070 Super that was being used with the AOC.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.