Question on M270DAN08.D and BOE MV315QHB-N20

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    kifir

I want to buy a monitor Acer Nitro VG271UM3bmiipx judging by the reviews, there is m270dan08.d information I have not found. is it worth buying a monitor with this matrix? there is a choice between Acer Nitro VG271UM3bmiipx – m270dan08.d and Cooler Master GM32-FQ – BOE MV315QHB-N20 I know that one is 27″ and the other is 32″ but in a local store, the price difference is 15-20$

which of these two will be better needed for movies, surfing the net, YouTube, a bit of a battlefield-type game

PCM2

Hi kfir,

I don’t have experience with that particular AUO panel, but it should be similar to other recent AUO AHVA panels – expect good all-round performance. BOE panels are a bit more variable, their recent panels seem to have improved but the BOE MV315QHD-N20 is a bit older. Expect slightly sub-par colour consistency for IPS (a bit of dulling and saturation loss peripherally) plus a ‘stronger’ matte anti-glare screen surface which you may dislike or prefer depending on preferences. I think either can deliver a decent experience and you should really focus on the size as the primary difference as it’s likely more dramatic than any of the panel differences you’d notice.

kifir

thanks for the answer
          most likely I will take the Acer Nitro VG271UM3bmiipx something reviews about the boe, do not please.

MarzoK

This new Panel is also used in the ASUS TUF VG27AQ3A and there are a few chinese reviews –> The Panel is really fast and performs extremely well in terms of response time, if its tuned well. Sadly ACER isn´t known for great overdrive optimization…..they normally do lock all modes and there is only one usable one with VRR/FreeSync. But even if they don´t maxed out the possibilities of this panel it should still be a great performance, because it is the newest generation of AUO FAST IPS Panels. (at least if they dont have tuned it as extreme, that there is overshoot in “normal mode”……)
            You can take the RTINGS Review of well known Dell G2724D for reference, because it uses the “bigger brother” of this panel-familie named AUO 8.C. Even if this is a native 165Hz Panel it should perform at least similar in terms of coating and pixel response.

the “biggest” downside of this 8.D panel: max brightness is 250nits, which is very uncommon for a modern FAST IPS. But for normal usage at home and moderat sunlight this shouldn´t be a problem for most users. (there is also a 400nits “variant” of this native 180Hz panel which is named AUO M270DAN08.E, but i simply don´t know any monitors that are using it yet…)

The MV315QHB-N20 is an older FAST IPS Panel and do have worse coating, but it isn´t bad…of cause the Cooler Master do have a way(!) better stand and normally is much more expensive….but besides this i would prefer the ACER or at least i would “risk it”. But: is there really no other 27 inch monitor at this price range? In Germany HP OMEN 27q (BOE NF5 / LG SSB3) or LG 27GR75Q (LG SSD1) are both at a similar price point and are built better than ACER and normally also have better tuning.

PS: display size should always have priority nr. 1 because THIS is the only real factor which is highly influenced by your viewining distance, so you should know BEFORE you´re buying something.

kifir

thanks to our dictator vova huilo, there is now a very poor choice of monitors in our country. also, because of the $ exchange rate, prices are very high. if, for example, in Germany, the acer costs $ 100, here it costs $ 300, this is an example. now I’m still considering an option with Cooler Master GM27-FQS ARGB = Innolux M270KCJ Q7E (230$ the price is now with us)
              but I also didn’t find any information on Innolux M270KCJ Q7E

MarzoK

Oh, ok, i´am sorry for you….. ;/

The M270KCJ-Q7E simply is the non-backlight version of the well known M270KCJ-K7E –> This is one of the fastest Panels ever produced, which you can see in the popular RTINGS Review for Acer Nitro UKV: https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/acer/nitro-xv272u-kvbmiiprzx
                But even if this panel is relatively cheap (for companies) and there are many monitors which are using it, there aren´t that much tests out there.

Especially in China the Q7E-Version was built in a bit more often….for example it is used in: HKC SG27Q Plus, KOORUI 27E1Q ore the newer version of KTC H27T22.
                The downside: The performance depends on the used custom backlight and can be highly influenced by this. Best example: The Lenovo G27q-20 should also use this panel, but the backlight and overdrive was that bad tuned, that the whole performance was only mediocre (and even worse than the older K7B Panel). Also you don´t have hardware integrated low blue light anymore, which the original K7E Panel (with factory backlight) comes with.

But there is also a great Test with Q7E Panel from TfT-Central, because the AOC Agon AG274QXM also uses it (they simply have to, because they added a custom Mini-LED Backlight): https://tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/aoc-agon-pro-ag274qxm (sadly there are no response time tables)

kifir

I ordered Cooler Master GM27-FPS ARGB to be delivered next week, I hope there will be no problems with it.

kifir

I looked at Cooler Master GM27-FPS ARGB, Acer Nitro VG271UM3bmiipx, and a few more models. I didn’t like them… as a result, I bought a Gigabyte g24f for $197 and decided to stay at 24″ for now
                    thanks to those who responded!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.