New ASUS ProArt Display PA278CGV specs (Adobe RGB coverage)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    KTibi

Hello. I am writing to you regarding the new model (2023) ASUS ProArt Display PA278CGV.
      https://pcmonitors.info/asus/asus-proart-display-pa278cgv-144hz-qhd-ips-with-usb-c/
      So far I have not found any review or test related to this model. The manufacturer’s specifications say that it would be 100% sRGB and 95% DCI-P3, but I couldn’t find anything about Adobe RGB. Do you have any information, or anything related to the manufacturer and model of the panel it comes equipped with?
      Thank you!

PCM2

Hi KTibi,

The reason Adobe RGB coverage isn’t specified is because the backlight doesn’t target strong Adobe RGB coverage. It’s a KSF phosphor backlight (not Quantum Dot LED) and if they’re able to achieve a 95% DCI-P3 colour gamut you’d typically see ~90% Adobe RGB coverage maximum and typically more like 86-87%.

KTibi

Thanks for the quick reply. We only know it’s with KSF phosphor backlite? We still don’t know the panel model and who manufacturer is? I would prefer this model for photo editing over the previous 27 inch 1440p models from Asus , Gigabyte M27Q and Viewsonic VP2768 because it offers 10bit support (8bit+FRC), and if they capable to achieve ~90% Adobe Rgb it’s pretty decent for that price.

PCM2

That’s correct, I don’t know the exact panel used. The Gigabyte M27Q (Rev 1.0) remains a good option if you’re interested in good Adobe RGB coverage in particular. It also offers 10-bit colour support via its scaler as covered in the review.

KTibi

Ok. thanks a lot!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.