Multipurpose 24″ 1080p VA recomendation

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    Taisho

After spending some more with 24QG50F, including work, I need to say that it fell short of my initial expectations and impressions, and actually, I’ve almost pulled the trigger to return it (I’ve found a relatively inexpensive shipping option).

The yellow ghosting seems to be everpresent to some degree, especially when scrolling slowly. I’ve found many more websites where it’s really distracting. Green trailing does also happen sometimes and no color setting is able to completely prevent it. To keep the color temperature on levels very far from optimal and still struggle with response times is hard to accept.

Moreover, while my unit is a golden sample in regards to luminosity, the color balance is quite off. Especially on all 5 rectangles on the right side of the monitor, the “nominal tolerance” is easily exceeded. The green tint is visible and distracting closer to the edges of the screen. Looking from an angle, I can observe this tint across the whole screen.

After this (another) disappointment, I seriously consider buying a monitor with an IPS panel. Not only I’m shortly getting an OLED for TV shows and movies but the ratio of my gaming vs work + internet has recently dropped a lot. ATW polarizer just started to reappear after many years of being benched, so I wonder if it’s worth waiting for the first 24″ 1080p options. IPS Black probably has a long way to go for 120Hz+ with good response times.

PCM2

Thanks for keeping everyone updated with respect to your 24QG50F journey. I’m sorry to see that you ultimately found the colourful ghosting too much. Having tested the monitor quite extensively myself now, I can certainly say that whilst it is pretty decent for a VA model in terms of responsiveness, it still has some significant weaknesses. Something I will of course explore in a lot more detail in the upcoming review. 🙂

PCM2

Our review of the 24QG50F has been published. Certainly far from perfect, but it remains a potentially attractive option for those after strong contrast and reasonable VA responsiveness. For me the most impressive aspect was probably the lack of any real VRR flickering, which is a common plague for the panel type and even commonly observed to some degree on OLEDs.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.