Looking for a glossy (or semi-glossy) 1440p Monitor for photography and gaming

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    bjax

Yeah, sadly these days it’s next to impossible to see something in person. Have you had any experience with the Dell P2715Q? It came up in my in my research. I’m leaning towards getting the Dell S2715H just to be on the safe side since I know it’s a glossy panel.

PCM2

Speaking of searches, I’ve mentioned the P2715Q a few times – https://forum.pcmonitors.info/search/Dell+P2715Q/. There’s nothing special about the screen surface, it’s quite similar to a few recent 27″ ‘4K’ UHD models. It’s a ‘very light matte anti-glare’ finish, at least that’s how I’d broadly classify it. But it also has a fair whack of graininess to it, because the screen surface texture isn’t particularly smooth. There are models out there with grainier screen surfaces, but also some with smoother. This alongside price is a key reason I recommend the Philips 276E8VJSB and similar models over LG’s recent ones. The screen surface isn’t lower haze, specifically, so it wouldn’t really be what you’re looking for – but the surface texture is smoother than on the competing models I’ve come across.

bjax

Ok, thanks for letting me know about the P2715Q. Ultimately, I’m just looking for a monitor that can provide a good picture when watching Netflix content. I’ve only had experience with one matte screen, and the blacks looked terrible..which is what led me down the glossy screen path. After reading your articles, I realize that all matte screens are not created equal. Lots of factors play a part in it, and since most people seem to pick their monitors based off of gaming, it’s hard to gauge which ones are going to give me a good experience for multimedia consumption.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.