Dell U2415 vs U2419H

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    Nickname

Hi.
      Has somebody compared this monitors?
      Which one has better image quality and better in general?

PCM2

The main consideration here should be the 1920 x 1200 resolution and 16:10 aspect ratio of the U2415 compared to the 1920 x 1080 resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio of the U2419H. The more appropriate of which depends on your uses. The other aspect to focus on is the fact that the U2419H offers a wider colour gamut (85% DCI-P3) and therefore extends further beyond sRGB than the U2415. The U2419H therefore represents colours in a more vibrant way, whereas the U2415 would be more accurate ‘out of the box’. Both models would respond well to calibration using a colorimeter or similar device, though, and for colour-critical work that would be highly recommended.

Nickname

Thank you.

I think U2415 may be somewhat better for work (Archicad, 3d modeling, Photoshop) but U2419H may be better for occasional gaming and films. Also it is a new model and picture quality may be better and despite U2415 is flicker free according to reviews for some reason id does not have TUV flicker free certificate that U2419H have.
          So my thinking was is somewhat better work space worth it over better aesthetic and better image quality.

PCM2

TUV Rheinland certification for flicker-free status wasn’t really ‘a thing’ back in 2014 when the U2415 was first released. It is certainly has a flicker-free (no PWM used) backlight, however.

In my own opinion (and this may be controversial to some) I would take the 16:9 aspect ratio and 1920 x 1080 option, given the other advantages of the U2419H which we’ve discussed. I don’t find the extra vertical screen space of the U2415 to be particularly noteworthy, unlike upgrading to a 2560 x 1440 resolution which changes the experience completely. Yet I find 16:9 to be nicer for gaming and movies due to it being more appropriate in terms of FOV. I know there are some diehard 16:10 fanatics out there, but it’s not by accident such aspect ratios have fallen out of favour and have been largely superseded by larger and higher resolution screens with ‘wider’ aspect ratios.

Nickname

That what I thought as well about 2014 year certification. But then found out that Asus VC239H (also 2014 year) have such certificate =)

That made me wandering why Dell was waiting with such certificates till 2018.

Nickname

Anyway it would be great if you could review Dell U2419H, especially compared to U2415 and U2417H.

PCM2

I believe ASUS were the first manufacturer to boast TUV Rheinland certification. It certainly wasn’t widespread amongst manufacturers in 2014, and even now still isn’t. It costs money to get a model certified in that way and manufacturers don’t always consider that a worthwhile expense. Having the certification or not makes very little difference in practice, although it is now something consumers are increasingly aware of. So manufacturers are more likely to go through this process now.

We’ll certainly consider reviewing the U2419H, but can’t make any promises. There are many other models that I’d like to review first and are more interesting to me as a reviewer.

Nickname

Anyway thanks for your thoughts on this subject.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.