Dell P2419H vs U2419h or maybe something different

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    kravcu

Hi,
      I am looking for a new 24′ monitor, budget is around ~180$, can stretch it to ~250$ if it’s worth it.

I looked mostly at Dell products, because I feel very confident about their products, but maybe there is something better?

It would be used strictly for work( programming, CAD,internet use), no movies, games maybe few times a year. It will be used as a 2/3 monitor setup.
      Slim bezels and height regulation are a must.

Currently I am stuck between P2419H and U2419H, is it worth to it to pay 70$ more for U2419H? Will I really see the difference with my not very demanding use?

PCM2

Hi kravcu,

I haven’t used those specific models nor have I received significant user feedback on them, so I can’t offer any sort of technical comparison. Based on my extensive usage of ‘P’ (‘Professional’) and ‘U’ (‘UltraSharp’) models from Dell in the past, though, you’re likely to find the core performance largely comparable. The UltraSharp models tend to offer a tighter factory calibration with potentially better ‘out of the box’ colour accuracy. They also offer a greater selection of ports. You can see this clearly with the port diagrams at the bottom of our P2419H and U2419H news pieces. The U2419H offers a DP output as well as input port and can therefore be used for MST Daisy Chaining. This allows you to connected monitors together if you’ve got more than one, whilst only using a single port on the GPU. The U2419H also offers 4 USB 3.0 ports and a 3.5mm headphone jack, whereas the P2419H offers 2 USB 2.0 ports and 2 USB 3.0 ports. The DP revision on the ‘U’ model is DP 1.4 whereas on the ‘P’ model is DP 1.2 – but this is a 60Hz Full HD monitor without HDR support, so that makes no difference whatsoever in practice.

Given all of this, if you don’t specifically wish to make use of the extra ports I’d just stick with the P2419H. And whilst I haven’t received a lot of user feedback on that model, the feedback I have received has been positive. It seems to be well calibrated without any huge issues with responsiveness, gamma handling or anything of that sort.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.