Dell G2422HS vs AOC 24G4X

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    switch666

Hi everyone,
      Recently I have been on the search for a 1080p monitor, mainly for gaming.

I can’t decide between those two monitors but I am open in case there is an even better option around 200€.

I would go with the Dell because I really like the design but since it is not recommended here I am a little hesitant..

What are your thoughts? πŸ™‚

PCM2

Hi switch666,

I can certainly recommend the AOC 24G4X, given it’s similar to the 24G2SP(U) we’ve reviewed but with slightly better responsiveness, a reworked OSD system and support for a MPRT sync which combines VRR and a strobe backlight setting simultaneously. Obviously not everyone cares about such a setting, but it’s still nice to see especially from a budget offering.

As for the Dell G2422HS, I haven’t received any feedback on this one and I don’t have any experience with it. Refer to this thread for a few thoughts. Dell are being pretty useless on the PR side at the moment so it’s unlikely I’d be able to gain a sample of it and it isn’t a model there’s enough interest in to justify a self-purchase. Based on basically all other competitors to the AOC models, two things often stand out with the AOC models. Contrast is usually just a bit weaker on competing models and colour gamut isn’t as wide (less vibrancy and saturation). Dell just specifies ‘99% sRGB’ which on some models means close to sRGB and others means a somewhat wider gamut, but I suspect the colour gamut will be similar to most other offerings in the sector and more of a standard gamut (close to sRGB) experience.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.