Best 1080p OLED monitor? Gaming & movies mainly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    MK

I’m happy with my AOC C27G1, the 27″ version of the AOC C24G1 (curved, 144hz, 1080p, VA) which was a PC Monitors recommendation in the past. The only issues are the high contrast smearing and backlight bleed.

It looks like OLED monitors have finally solved these issues, so I want to upgrade to OLED. I’m perfectly happy at 1080p at 27” despite commonly seeing claims that 27” is too big for 1080p to look good.

I want to stick with 1080p because I don’t want to have to buy a $700 graphics card to run games at higher resolutions. It seems inferior and a waste of money to buy a 1440p or 4k monitor only to downscale games to 1080p.

But looking through your recommendations https://pcmonitors.info/articles/best-gaming-monitors, I was not able to find any 1080p OLEDs. I tried to find 1080p versions of the 1440p+ OLEDs you recommend, and I searched the forum too, with no results.

The only thing I could find elsewhere was “LG Display is going to release a 32-inch 4K 240Hz OLED panel which also supports 1080p 480Hz around late next year“.

PCM2

There aren’t any 1080p OLED monitors available or in the pipeline, nor are there any known OLED 1920 x 1080 panels planned for production. Because of current production methods and costs, it would be prohibitively expensive for manufacturers to make them at the moment and they’d end up priced too close to their higher resolution counterparts and nowhere near cost competitive with LCD alternatives. Those so-called ‘dual-mode’ monitors using LG Display WOLED panels which can operate at 240Hz ‘4K’ UHD and 480Hz FHD are the closest they’ve come, but obviously their native resolution is still ‘4K’ UHD not FHD.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.