Any thoughts on the Cooler Master GA271

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    djkrisdee

I found a review of this monitor, and honestly it looks shockingly good!
      27 inch, 1440p, 100Hz , 10-bit dithered color depth, 4,000:1 contrast ratio, and descent enough response time for VA panel. All that for £139.99!?

UFO, 60Hz
      UFO, 100Hz

It’s a unique specification with that 100Hz, but for AAA immersive games, and especially if you don’t have the fastest CPU on the market it’s probably sweet spot really.
      Anybody have any experience with this monitor?

PCM2

It does look pretty decent based on the pursuit photos and I’d also be keen to hear from anybody with experience of this model. The issue with the pursuit photos is they don’t capture the full transition range, in particular there aren’t any very dark shades which even seemingly ‘fast’ (based on pursuit photos) VA models can struggle with. Performance on the top row of Test UFO is a decent indication, but the background shade is 0,64,64 so more of a medium-dark than truly dark shade. And fast VA models (including the Odyssey Neo G7) will often struggle with mixtures of dark and medium-dark shades, which aren’t represented by Test UFO. There are OSRTT measurements in that review showing some distinctly slow pixel transitions using the optimal ‘Normal’ setting, so I’d advise caution here.

djkrisdee

Good point, but what about 60Hz, overdrive advanced still looks better than something like 328e1ca?
          At 100Hz advanced gives slightly to much overshoot, but it could be perfect tuning for up to 85-90Hz🤔

PCM2

I agree with that, the 60Hz tuning is pretty impressive. Would be interesting to see how it performs up to 85 – 90Hz using the ‘Advanced’ setting as the monitor clearly employs variable overdrive with reduced acceleration for lower refresh rates.

djkrisdee

I found this Chinese review but it has some crazy readings like 4878:1 contrast, and black smearing is actually massive at 100Hz.
              I was thinking about buying this monitor after Amazon cancelled my Iiyama order, but end up ordering AG275QXN/EU.
              Black uniformity is very important for me, and I don’t believe its possible to have that on edge lit curve screen.
              Even my 288E2E have good black uniformity, especially for IPS panel.

100 cd/m²

I’m generally very happy with this Philips, but I want more contrast.
              Expect plenty of UFO pictures next week. 😝

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.