144hz 1080p monitor with good sharpening

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    mmarkk

Hello, got my Aoc 24G2 today but unfortunately I do find its image way to blurry compared to my old lg 75hz monitor which has sharpening and super resolution + settings. My main game is warzone and at least I do find it unplayable without high sharpening levels. The thing is that I don’t know what to do now, I can still return it to amazon but then which monitor should I consider now?

None of reviewers I watched mentioned anything about it and I don’t want to buy a new monitor again just to return it after a few days later. I’m considering now VG249Q, EX2510 and XB253QGP

Any help will be appreciated, just want to finally set this thing up and have some peace of mind enjoying my game.

PCM2

Hi mmarkk,

We cover all of the settings available on monitors in our OSD (On Screen Display) videos, for reference. Watching some of these will give you an excellent idea of the options available from a particular model or others in its series. Often the OSD design and many of the options available are shared amongst various models, even across multiple series from a manufacturer. With AOC monitors, they rarely offer any sort of sharpness control. As covered in our review of the 24G2(U), many of the ‘Game Mode’ presets add a sharpness filter. and so do the ‘HDR Effect’ settings. This is not something you can enable if it’s not there or disable if it is there, so it’s worth trying some of these out in case you like the sharpness level applied. AOC monitors are set to a good and appropriate default sharpness, but I do appreciate some users might like to be able to adjust the sharpness manually. Especially on titles like Warzone which have annoying filters that hamper visibility.

The Acer XB253Q GP offers a setting called ‘Super Sharpness’. It’s a moderately strong but not extreme sharpness enhancement, similar to ‘Super Resolution +’ from LG. But that model does not include additional sharpness controls. The BenQ EX2510 is exactly the same as the EX2710 we’ve reviewed in terms of its OSD. There’s no ‘Sharpness’ control and as with AOC some presets (and ‘HDRi’ settings as well) will have various preset sharpness levels. The ASUS VG249Q could be your saviour. This includes two dedicated ‘Sharpness’ controls – ‘Sharpness’ (0 – 100) and ‘Vivid Pixel’ (0 – 100). So excellent flexibility there.

mmarkk

Thank you, I already checked your reviews and found em useful. Considering all pros and cons I probably will try out Asus VG249Q when it will be available from amazon.it. My favorite was always EX2510 and if someone tells me it has more sharpen image, even if it isn’t much, then I 100% will pick it. I love everything about it, but it costs 70 euros more than AOC 24G2.

PCM2

If you do go for the ASUS (or another model for that matter) your feedback would be very welcome here. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.