1440p Monitors with no matte finish?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    Jakob39310

Okay apparently this is some sort of meme idk, people thought I was messing with them when I asked. But I’m really actually trying to find a 1440p monitor with no matte finish or glossy.

I currently have an Acer H236HL, 23″ FHD with a glossy screen and a small bezel. Looking for something similar with 1440p, 27″ minimum, and a small bezel.

PCM2

I gave this response back in 2018 – that the monitor market is sadly failing in that area. And I’m afraid this is still the case. As a reviewer and somebody sensitive to screen surface I’m fully aware of the advantages of a glossy screen surface – in fact this was one of the earliest articles I researched and produced for the site. I have on several occasions fed back to manufacturers that there is demand for glossy models, but here we are in 2023 and there’s exactly nothing I can recommend at the moment.

There are 34″ glossy QD-OLED ultrawide options (in fact they all are, such as the AW3423DW we’ve reviewed) and we will be seeing some 16:9 models using similar panels in the not too distant future, but for LCDs and more affordable models it’s a dead end currently.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.