The Eternal Debate: 1080 vs 1440 | 27" vs 32" | PPI | Price | Adaptive & Refresh

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
Buying a monitor? Please refer to this thread. We appreciate your support!

• Author

What’s that in relation to? There were no complaints here about issues specific to FreeSync being active or not active. If you do wish to keep the technology active then yes, you can employ an FPS limiter to prevent the frame rate reaching the ceiling. You don’t need to use Rivatuner, recent AMD graphics drivers have an integrated FPS limit feature.

In order to this video i can say there’s noticeable difference between 142 fps (freesync) 22.5 ms & 144 (vsync) 40.83 ms input lag, i guess.it may improve overall feeling somehow.
    P.S. At times when I’ve used rx 480 Frame rate target control just didn’t work in most cases, but now i’m happy gtx 1080 owner (although i use c24cfg70, gaming with locked 72 fps & 144 Hz is superior to freesync)

The take-home from that section of the video is simply that VSync causes latency. That’s not really news to anybody. If you’re hitting the ceiling of FreeSync operation then FreeSync deactivates and you’re simply running with VSync on and no FreeSync. So yes, if you’re concerned about the latency penalty of VSync you want to ensure it doesn’t activate and a frame rate limiter is one way to do that. Your original question still seemed a bit confusing (out of context) but I see now you were just intending it as an open suggestion rather than a reply to something specific.

Well it did help a bit forcing freesync at 72 fps with amd framelimiter. The ghosting looks a bit less noticeable, could also be my taughts.

Changing shadow control to 60 eliminates all ghosting, but it also kills all contrast and colors.. so not really a solution. Would be nice if there was a middleground like changing shadow control to 53 or 55 but it only works in intervals of 10.

Guess I have to search for a second monitor.

Yes, unfortunately changing shadow control only works because it changes the pixel transitions completely. As noted in the the review, the monitor struggles with ‘high contrast’ transitions. Shadow control eliminates said transitions by lightening up dark shades considerably.

Maybe a bit off topic but do you know what to put here for the Aoc Q3279VWF? My knowledge of screen calibrations is a bit poor.

madvr

It is very much off-topic. But if you don’t know which gamut to target in your calibration program, why are you running it? BT. 709 would be closest to the native colour gamut of the monitor.

Ow I thought they meant by calibration like the .icm file from the review I am using as windows profile. It’s madvr codec not calibration program.

Oh right. Well I’m afraid I have no experience of that, but I was wondering why all of the colour spaces listed were ‘film standard’ type spaces. BT. 709 would make most sense just because it most closely matches the monitor.

Okay, gonna go with BT.709 and 2.20 gamma.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.