Looking for 1080p 144hz+ monitor with Glossy screen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    switch666

Hi everyone,

So I recently got my hands on the AOC Q24G2A/BK and what I like the most is the glossy type screen coating.
      As I noticed in the review of this monitor this type of coating is referred as “a light matte anti-glare screen surface” but I have been trying to look online for other monitors that have a similar coating and I am not able to..

What other monitors that have this type of screen surface?

Thanks! 😀

PCM2

The Q24G2A/BK‘s screen surface is definitely not glossy. How ‘light’ a matte screen surface is won’t be specified but is rather a subjective classification. They’re complex 3D structures – per our article on the topic, “25% haze” is commonly specified for matte panels but pretty meaningless in practice.

The ‘light matte anti-glare’ screen surface is common on many IPS models, though less so for Full HD models. Especially ones smaller than 27″. What particular aspect of that screen surface did you like? If it’s the relatively smooth (not overly grainy) look consider the AOC 24G2SP(U). If it’s the relatively low diffusion of ambient light then it’s trickier and not sure what I’d recommend. I haven’t really used many Full HD models recently so it’s not straightforward recommending a screen based on this sort of thing.

switch666

Thank you for the reply!

It honestly feels like all the colors are way more vibrant and it is more enjoyable to look at the screen in general!

PCM2

You didn’t state a size preference, but if you’re open to 27″ models the BenQ EX2710(S) may suit with its light matte anti-glare surface.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.