Is innolux M270KCJ-K7E better than AUO 8.2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    grool

Hello,

I’m totally new to researching monitors and it might tell by the topic I’ve set to this discussion, but this seemed like a better place to post the question than reddit as I’d have a better chance of a professional to read it.

Anyways. I’m on my way of purchasing KTC H27T22. There aren’t many reviews for it but for the most of it it seems to be considered really good for the price. However, I found out that they are using two types of panels.

Initially they started of with the AUO_M270DAN08_2, but then for some reason swtiched to innolux M270KCJ-K7E. Now most of the reviews, I am assuming are with the AUO 8.2 panel, since on most of them I see that they are mentioning the monitor is 165hz as opposed to the Innolux – 170hz (at least that is what KTC are marketing).

So I’m split if this has gotten a worse panel now or not.

Based on this comparison

It seems that the AUO has better color coverage, but the the innolux seems to support 10bit. (8+FRC)

I’m keen to try it out but I’m the type of user that usually buys the monitor without any research. This time I decided to do it, and boy, I wish I hadn’t. This is such a rabbit hole but now that I’ve invested 4 days I kind of don’t wanna go back to my old approach. 😀

Help is appreciated!

Just to note: I work on my computer so I am really focused on keeping my eyes as safe as possible. I noticed that the Innolux has some kind of certification, but I’m unaware if it is just a marketing trick or not. So far I’ve only been on TN panels, and to be fair, I’ve liked them (ofc not low end, because the are awful). However, after I bought an OLED TV I kind of now wish to have better colors than the TN while keeping the somewhat same experience. I really loved the new AOC mini led monitor, but it is way over budget. So the compromise is KTC.

Thanks!

PCM2

I wouldn’t say the Innolux panel is necessarily better (or worse) than the AUO panel and I don’t think there’s much point in obsessing over the panel change. Those panels are both quite comparable from what I understand and I doubt most people would be able to tell which version their H27T22 even had. It’s not uncommon these days for manufacturers to use multiple panels or switch to a different panel for supply reasons. Sometimes this is really annoying, if the panels are vastly different. But these two aren’t, despite the colour gamut being a bit narrower on the Innolux panel which is a difference you rightfully pointed out.

The Innolux panel has the potential advantage (for those sensitive to this) of having a shifted peak of blue light to less energetic wavelengths.. Or a hardware Low Blue Light (LBL) solution. I’d also add that the 10-bit (8-bit + FRC) vs. 8-bit specification for the Innolux vs. AUO panel isn’t of any real consequence given how common it is for monitors to include dithering support on the scaler. This is pretty much a universal capability of monitors with HDR support, as offered by the KTC.

grool

Highly appreciated for your quick response! Since I’m far from competent I wanted to be sure I’m not making a mistake and asking someone more experienced usually helps.

I’m gonna proceed in buying this monitor. It might take up to two weeks to get here, but I’ll make sure to comment how it is afterwards!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.