I need help picking a gaming monitor between ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM or OMEN 27q

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    kashlol

Hi everyone I’m a digital artist but I play a ton of fps games competitively. Which monitor would suit me the best looking for a 240hz monitor that’s amazing for gaming and art.

ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM

Or

OMEN 27qs

I chose these 2 monitors since they both on a huge discount in my area I would appreciate the help ! Thanks

PCM2

Hi kashlol,

The problem with the OMEN 27qs is that reviews are rather inconsistent – and a large problem is that they interchangeably use multiple panels. So you never quite know what you’re going to get, as noted in this thread. Unless things have changed recently and I’m unaware, the ASUS VG279QM doesn’t do that and it appears to perform quite well overall. It offers a good level of responsiveness with good pixel overdrive flexibility – but the optimal setting does depend on refresh rate (i.e. not a ‘single overdrive mode experience), decent contrast for the panel type and reasonable sRGB output.

Your digital art, if I’m not mistaken, is likely to be in the sRGB colour space and the ASUS will give you decent results there (with more flexibility than the HP which is a wide gamut option). For best results you should consider investing in your own colorimeter or similar device with either model, or whichever other option you choose for that matter. Some people prefer their games to look highly vibrant, even if oversaturated, and that’s where the HP would have an edge.

kashlol

Thanks for the help if you have any monitors 240hz recommendations I’ll gladly check them out

I will probably try get the Asus since both monitors are on discount in the uk

PCM2

The MSI G274QPX is a solid all-round performer, which I’ve received a fair bit of positive feedback about. Like the HP, the MSI is a wide gamut model with settings restricted using its sRGB mode. You can get around this as a Windows user by using GPU-level sRGB emulation, but it’s usually best if the monitor itself provides good sRGB output. I certainly feel the extra resolution of the MSI (and HP) can be beneficial for both content creation and gaming. The MSI may be out of your budget, though. In the 27″ 240Hz Full HD space I don’t think you’d do better for your uses than the ASUS.

kashlol

Thanks for the help the msi is out if my budget
              Unfortunately

I recently found out the omen uses
              BOE panel/LG panels apparently they perform the same and its only £150. the 1440p does look tempting

And you’re right the omen will help with both gaming and digital art

Thanks for the recommendation 👍

PCM2

Well I wouldn’t say the BOE and LG panels perform exactly the same and they certainly differ in areas like screen surface which most reviewers are bad at assessing. It’s just a pet hate if mine when manufacturers stealth-swap panels like that. I suspect you’ll enjoy the experience regardless of the panel used, it’s hard to argue with the monitor at that price. Please feel free to share your thoughts if you do go for the HP OMEN.

kashlol

I will differently share my thoughts I decided to go for the OMEN 27s I didn’t know there was 2 version the qs isn’t available in my country the difference is its 1920x1080p instead thanks for the help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.