AOC AG276QZD2 info (or alternatives)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    Atonable5

Hi everyone. I’ve been meaning to buy a replacement for my gaming monitor, currently a relatively cheap IPS from AOC, 27” 1440p, not curved. I was eyeing some QD-OLED models with the same size/resolution, but none of the ones I checked out ticked all the boxes for me (and considering the average price of 900 EUR I would rather not compromising too much). Eventually I came across the AOC AG276QZD2, but I could barely find any info on it, let alone some reviews, hence why I write here. Does anybody have any information, review or opinion about it?

I’m open to consider alternatives as well. I would use it mostly for gaming but also for some movies and similar. Also it’s not really important that it has a uber-high refresh rate since my GPU probably can’t handle much more than 120Hz comfortably anyway.

PCM2

The AOC AGON PRO AG276QZD2 is really in a class of one when it comes to its pricing. No other QD-OLED model is quite that cheap in either Europe or especially in the US – even considering their ‘sale’ prices. I’ve yet to see a QD-OLED model that I consider ‘bad’. The panel itself is pretty solid and a lot of the variability you’d see with LCDs (such as uniformity issues, backlight bleed, weaker than expected contrast, bad pixel response time tuning) just aren’t issues you need to consider here. Of course calibration and possible firmware quirks as well as build quality can still be an issue.

Given all of this it’s a very interesting monitor to me as well. It’s on the list of models I’ve like to review, although I can’t guarantee when that will happen.

Atonable5

Hey, thanks for the answer! A review by you would be terrific, as well as being without any competition in this specific instance, as of now at least.

Where I am I could get the AG276QZD2 for around 850 EUR, which is roughly in line with other models (f.e. the MSI MAG 271QPX and the Gigabyte FO27Q3). Slightly cheaper models are WOLED, especially the LG 27GS95QE (or the GR95) or even the “predecessor” from AOC AG276QZD, as well as some models from Asus. They would probably be a great improvement over what I have, but if the price difference is about 100/150 EUR I would rather get “the best” and go with a QD-OLED.

Out of these that I mentioned (or others) do you have a preferred one, in terms of quality/price ratio? Or you think that with the AG276QZD2 it’s hard to be wrong, assuming the panel is the same as used by other monitors? Although that doesn’t tell much about factory calibration, for example.

PCM2

Our key recommendation in the segment is actually the Samsung Odyssey OLED G60SD, which I feel offers an excellent feature set, styling and build quality most will find agreeable. It’s generally well calibrated and very competitively priced, too. It does however have a matte screen surface, so it’s quite different to the glossy options. I do generally feel the QD-OLED options are worth paying more for than WOLED alternatives and the AG276QZD2 could be a really nice option assuming they haven’t completely messed it up somehow. 😀

Atonable5

Thank you for the tips, good to know that at least I was looking at the right kind of monitors 😁 I guess I’ll check out the Samsung and maybe wait a bit to see if a deal comes up for that or one of the others.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.