AOC AG271QG vs Viewsonic XG2703-GS

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
Buying a monitor? Please refer to this thread. We appreciate your support!

• Author

Hi, I’m looking to get a new monitor, an IPS 27″ 1440P G-Sync with a high refresh rate, and I have pretty much narrowed it down to either the AOC or the ViewSonic which seem to be equally valid choices. Big thank you for the detailed reviews you put up.

In the reply at the top of the previous page, you mentioned that “the PG279Q … has to be the most returned monitor for those who have ordered via our website. Return rates for the AOC are actually surprisingly low at the moment and I’ve received plenty of positive feedback. I’m actually considering adding it the the recommendations section shortly, now quality control seems reasonable (rather than ‘well below average’).” Do you have information regarding return rates for the ViewSonic one?

Also, are there any revisions of these 2 monitors, or any manufacturing date that I should look out for?

Finally, does the glossy front portion of the Viewsonic XG2703-GS base get distracting by reflecting the screen or ceiling lighting?

From the data I have (which is a fairly limited pool), the ViewSonic XG2703-GS has a low return rate. Similar to the AOC really. I can’t give specifics on manufacturing dates or revisions as I don’t have that data.

None of the glossy elements on the ViewSonic XG2703-GS were distracting to me. They simply don’t catch your eye when you’re looking at the screen, or didn’t in my case.

Thanks for the reply PCM2. Seeing that the AOC isn’t on the recommendations section although you were considering to add it there, I take it that there was some cause for that?

The recommendations are frequently updated based on regional price and availability. That also means that the ViewSonic and AOC are featured there fairly interchangeably. Having both models featured at the same time would be far too confusing for users and this thread makes it clear that there is little between them – with price and availability being the key factors. Until recently neither model was available on which the recommendations you were looking at would have been based around. However; the stock and price of the ViewSonic is now much improved so I have added it back on.

hi everyone,

is the “Asus ROG Swift PG279Q” worth the 770€ bucks ?
    (alternative choice would be Alienware 25 Gaming-Monitor: AW2518H, which is cheaper but it has only 1920 x 1080 and a TN- Panel)

Must have for the monitor:

+144Hz or more would be even better

The monitor will be mainly used for gaming and general web browsing, and a small amount of photo editing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi maxpayne,

I have put your post here because this thread discusses some superior options. The ASUS PG279Q has the worst quality control of the 144Hz AHVA (IPS-type) models. You’d be better off with the Acer XB271HU featured in the recommendations section or the AOC and ViewSonic models mentioned in the thread title and thoroughly reviewed on our site.

As for the AW2518H, it’s not a scratch on these models when it comes to colour quality. It is designed to be extremely responsive for competitive gamers at the expense of pretty much everything else. That’s not to say the image quality is bad, but colour consistency is vastly worse and so is pixel density compared to the AHVA options. These are not worthwhile sacrifices given your uses.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.