AOC AG271QG vs Viewsonic XG2703-GS

Discussion Forum   Forums   Display discussion   AOC AG271QG vs Viewsonic XG2703-GS

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  saettaman 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Buying a monitor? Please refer to this thread. We appreciate your support!
  • Author

saettaman

There is an IPS panel with GSync technology, even of another type, which has no such problems?
    I look for a monitor with high resolution to play and watch movies

January 29, 2017 at 6:58 pm #41486

PCM2
    Keymaster

It depends whether you are after a 144Hz refresh rate or whether you feel a significantly lower refresh rate is sufficient. There is a comprehensive list of G-SYNC compatible monitors including resolutions, refresh rates and panel types here – https://pcmonitors.info/others/nvidia-g-sync-variable-refresh-rate-technology/.

January 29, 2017 at 7:05 pm #41487

saettaman

Even a lower frequency may be sufficient. The most important thing for me is that the IPS panel is reliable and no defects of type

January 29, 2017 at 7:17 pm #41488

PCM2
    Keymaster

I’m afraid no monitor out there, except studio-grade displays with absolute guarantees on such a thing, can be guaranteed to be defect free. This is why it’s important to buy from somewhere with a good returns policy. And to not get bogged down by negative feedback – because if you look hard enough and the model is at least semi-popular, you will find that for every single model out there.

So either go for the AOC as you originally planned, or take your pick from the list I linked to in my previous post and prioritise what is important. At least, things you can control – which does not include having a guarantee of ‘no defects’. As I’ve mentioned in relevant reviews the defect rate of the 144Hz AHVA panels and monitors which use them is higher than average and that is why they aren’t currently featured in the recommendations section. That isn’t meant to put you off going for it if you are confident with your ability to return it if you’re not satisfied, because in that case you’ve got little to lose except time.

January 29, 2017 at 8:18 pm #41489

saettaman

Thanks, I’ll try with Amazon 🙂
    But if I am lucky enough to find a good panel, I can feel comfortable? Defects can occur even after a few weeks?
    When I get my new monitor, I can upload to have your opinion?

January 29, 2017 at 8:59 pm #41490

PCM2
    Keymaster

Generally defects will be there before you actually receive the monitor. You can of course discuss any issues, but be aware that uploading images of ‘backlight bleed’ is not helpful unless you are able to adjust the exposure of the camera so that it accurately reflects what your eye sees. It’s probably best that you assess things like that during your normal usage rather than going looking for issues. You can of course test for pixel defects and post images showing any weird artifacts if you come across any.

February 1, 2017 at 7:14 pm #41514

saettaman

In the recommended section, I saw the Asus ROG SWIFT PG348Q Ultrawide 34 ‘Gsyn.
    This must be a super Monitor. I begin to evaluate it

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.