27" WQHD (2560×1440) IPS Glossy?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Buying a monitor? Please refer to this thread. We appreciate your support!

• Author

Hi all,

After getting advice on these forums I’ve been the very happy owner of both the Dell S2415H and the HP 27er which are both glossy ips monitors.

The time has now come to upgrade as I need more resolution. After looking around I can’t seem to find a Glossy 27″ QWHD (2560×1440) IPS monitor. Are there any available? If not what are my best options when it comes to 27″ WQHD (2560×1440) IPS? Maybe something with a less aggressive matte coating. I’m also open to a bigger size monitor if glossy.

The monitor will be mainly used for general web browsing, office work and a small amount of photo editing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi azbo,

I’ve corrected your thread title and post to read ‘WQHD’ (Wide Quad High Definition) rather than ‘QWHD’. Easy mistake to make, but best to correct it.

Nowadays pretty much all 2560 x 1440 models with IPS-type panels have light or very light matte anti-glare screen surfaces. In many cases, graininess is very light if at all noticeable. If you were still wanting a glossy option, specifically, then you should consider the Dell S2718D. I haven’t used this for more than a couple of minutes at a trade show and have very limited user feedback on it, so can’t really say much about it. But it offered a nice vibrant and clear image was clearly ‘IPS’ in terms of colour consistency and shade variety.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.