1080p 144Hz Monitor

Viewing 8 posts - 136 through 143 (of 143 total)
Buying a monitor? Please refer to this thread. We appreciate your support!

• Author

Yeah; don’t fall into the trap of comparing a new monitor with an older uncalibrated reference. You’ve used that screen for a long time and I’m assuming it has never been calibrated properly, or not for a long time either way? You will have grown used to how things look on it, but you need to accept that it doesn’t necessarily look correct or more accurate than the ViewSonic XG2401.

I’m looking for 1080p 144hz monitor, I’ve been thinking of ViewSonic XG2401 but it doesn’t have Blur Reduction, is there any alternative?

Yes, and they are mentioned earlier on in this thread. What sort of games do you play and what frame rate would you get at 1920 x 1080? Are you sure you’ll actually make good use of a strobe backlight mode if the monitor offers one? Compared to the ViewSonic XG2401, you might have to make some compromises in other areas if you opt for a model with a strobe backlight function.

At the moment i only play Battlefield 4, i no longer play anything else because of my current crap monitor (acer AL1714) and GPU (GTX 650 Ti Boost). i will be getting GTX 1070 which suppose to be enough for 144hz monitor. I haven’t tried any high refresh rate monitor nor any monitor with strobe backlight, the only thing i know about strobe backlight it makes the motion crystal clear which obvious on test ufo.

Yes, motion blur is significantly reduced with a strobe backlight mode active. On the downwide, you really need to have the frame rate matching the refresh rate of the monitor consistently. You also need to endure flickering and there’s almost invariably obvious overshoot (inverse ghosting). It is a feature designed primarily for competitive gamers who are happy to reduce detail levels significantly in their games or only play ‘simple’ looking games like CSGO. Just so you’re aware, it doesn’t come without compromise…

I’d advise referring to a review of ours of a model with a strobe backlight mode so you’re aware of how these limitations play out in practice. Refer to the ULMB section of the AOC AG251FG review, for example.

any information on the upcoming ViewSonic XG2402?

I can’t actually see how it varies from the XG2401, at least based on the product page. Except for the design – which seems to feature a much shallower stand base, thankfully. It will be using the same panel so I wouldn’t expect any drastic performance differences. I’ll see if my ViewSonic contacts can provide further details.

Edit: Will clarify a few differences in the upcoming news piece.

Viewing 8 posts - 136 through 143 (of 143 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.