SAMSUNG Odyssey G70B vs M32U

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Buying a monitor? Please refer to this post before purchasing.
New user? Register here.

• Author
    mikos32

I am interested in the 32 inch monitor mainly for gaming I found the best option for me is G70B and M32U both looks amazing.
      G70B have good speakers.
      Both have HDR400
      Response time 1 ms M32U MPRT/ G70B GTG something like that and don’t know the difference .
      I can’t decide which should I buy for console gaming .
      There is alternative XG32UQ Asus rog 32 but more expensive.
      I appreciate for some advices from experts like you guys
      Thank you very much.

PCM2

Hi mikos32,

Our recommendation for the Gigabyte M32U as a gaming monitor is clear (see also this thread, linked to in the recommendations section which draws various comparisons). It’s simply a solid all-rounder with a good panel. The Innolux panel it uses is superior to the BOE panel used by the Samsung Odyssey G70B (S32BG70) in some respects. As typical for BOE panels the Odyssey suffers somewhat worse colour consistency and viewing angle performance than you’d expect for an IPS-type panel and the screen surface is less light and less smooth (i.e. is ‘more matte’ and also shows more graininess when observing lighter content) compared to the M32U’s screen surface. The Gigabyte is also Eyesafe certified, unlike the Samsung, potentially enhancing viewing comfort due to the reduction in energetic blue light output. And last but not least the Gigabyte has superior gamma calibration to the Samsung, so it doesn’t mask some dark detail and over-brighten bright shades like the Samsung tends to (the gamma tracking is not terrible on the Samsung, but is a bit wonky compared to the preferred ‘2.2’ curve,

The Samsung has a wider colour gamut (~97% reliably measured for the Samsung vs. <90% for the Gigabyte) so it provides stronger (over)saturation and vibrancy, which you may like or may not like depending on your preferences. The Samsung also uses some degree of variable overdrive, so you can keep it in its 'Standard' overdrive setting regardless of refresh rate and it won't give you much overshoot - as covered in the M32U review we recommend different overdrive settings for triple digit refresh rates (including 120Hz) and double digit refresh rates (including 60Hz) and as a console user you’ll be experiencing both depending on the game. Though it’s worth mentioning the Samsung seems to have moderately high input lag at 60Hz (the Gigabyte doesn’t). I suppose it’s worth mentioning the remote for OSD (On Screen Display) control on the Samsung, which some appreciate for convenience if you’re frequently using the OSD plus its ‘Smart Hub’ features.

mikos32

Thank you for this really good explanation. I believe M32U with this price range is the best choice after I read your articles .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.